The Martha Stewart site only has instructions proportioned to giant pom-poms that are meant to be hung from the ceiling, so here's what I did to make the darker blue pom-pom.
- Cut a sheet of tissue paper into 8 equal pieces.
- Stack the pieces and turn the stack to the landscape orientation.
- Make 1/2-inch accordion folds, making sure to crease firmly.
- Fold a 4-inch piece of thin beading wire in half.
- Slip the wire over the center of the folded tissue paper; twist together.
- Cut each end of the tissue paper bundle into a point.
- Peel up and fan open each tissue paper layer, one at a time.
- Arrange the layers to the desired shape and trim the wire as necessary.
| Photo Credit: Me. |