Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Modern Kraft

I took this photo of jars of peanut brittle at my awesome neighborhood ice cream shop, Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous. I love the hot pink roses in the background. But I am also drawn to the handwritten, kraft paper labels on the jars of peanut brittle. Kraft paper is paper that is made from pulp, giving it a subtle texture, and nowadays it is made from recycled materials. It's the kind of paper used to make brown paper grocery bags. In the crafting world, I think it's been used in the past for a faux-vintage look, since the paper looks aged, but I've noticed a trend lately towards using kraft paper in more modern presentations like business cards, invitations with sans-serif typefaces, and as eco-friendly gift-wrap. The use of kraft paper in these cases comes off as fresh rather than contrived.

Here are some neat ways to incorporate the kraft paper look into your life. My favorite, though, is the leather bag that is designed to look like a brown paper bag—such a cool take on a classic.

| 1. Ink Whimsy, Hello Flat Notecard | 2. Knot & Bow, Kraft Wafer Seal Stickers | 3. Anve, Saco de Papel | 4. Moleskine, Cahier Notebooks |

| Photo Credit: top. Me; 1–4. See links provided. |

No comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...