Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Harry Potter For Designers

Over the weekend, I watched the last Harry Potter movie and gave myself a pat on the back that I only cried during about 10% of the overall movie, as compared to Part 1 of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, during which I was sobbing about 40% of the time. I know, it's pretty lame to be crying over a movie adapted from a fictionalized novel. And one that is basically a youth version of The Lord of the Rings with more charm. But sometimes tears are just a little less cynical. (Truthfully though, I am an HP fan.)

Feeling much in the Harry Potter spirit, I was poking around on Pinterest when I discovered that there is some seriously good-looking fan art out there. I find myself particularly drawn to the minimalist approach. I'm sorry, but I was definitely not a fan of the illustrated covers we got stuck with here in the States. Maybe in publications generations later, those covers will be replaced with ones as gorgeous as these?



| top. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by M. S. Corley | middle. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by Christian Petersen | bottom. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by Travis English |

| Art Credit: See links provided. |

3 comments:

Mlle T said...

I cried and cried and cried during all the Snape parts. Oh Snape, the bravest of them all.

LeeAnne said...

I'm with you. Such a fan. I cried during the Snape parts. I have to say, though, I do love the illustrations in the books. They're not design-forward, of course, but they are charming and full of whimsy. I especially loved the harlequin motifs.

Anonymous said...

Those are great posters! I love them. You should check out Blimpcat Studio on Etsy. She does great posters as well.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91291535/undesirable-no-1-11x17-poster-print?utm_source=etsyfanpage&utm_medium=api&utm_campaign=api&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=App_Seller&utm_content=items&utm_campaign=fb_seller_item

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...